This show is all about Autocross Slaloms where you can hear the tips and techniques from some of the fastest people in autocross.
Bob and Patty Tunnell Slalom Tips
- Turn Early (turn out of phase aka turn early)
- Pay attention to the 1st cone
- Don't late apex the last cone, just avoid it
- Late apex less and less toward the end if fast toward the end
- Bonus: Universal Truth - turns over 120 degrees the shortest line is the fastest 99.9% of the time
Brian Peters Slalom Tips
- Best quote "If I'm hitting the brake in a slalom something bad is happening typically"
- Set the speed for the slalom when tucking in the first cone.
- Slaloms are a place you can find 80 feet of acceleration by staying ahead in them
- Look 3 or 4 cones into the slalom
Julian Garfield Slalom Technique
- Come into the Slalom under control keeping the acceleration and braking at a minimum.
- First cone is very important
- That fourth cone gets hit when you are lazy on the first cone.
Leslie Cohen Slalom Tips
- Slow down a slalom cone ahead of the slalom
- You want to drive the slalom
- See the whole slalom
- Come out of the slalom accelerating
- Who you listen to is important
- Draw arcs to see where you car will be
Tom Berry Slalom Tips
- Learned a ton from Data Acquisition
- Settle the car before entering any turn
- Present the car to the slalom
- Have moderate acceleration going into the slalom
- Come off the brake really smoothly
Ron Williams Slalom Tips
- Have an attack mentality - Be on your toes
- Attack the back side of the cones
- Aggressive on steering inputs - turn the wheel as fast as you can.
Jason Frank Slalom Tips
- Start at the beginning of the slalom
- Late Apex, Late Apex, Late Apex
- Keep a steady state (you've heard this a few times already)
- Accelerate out the backside
- Every once in a while his plan to slow before entering doesn't work